How to Start a Business in South Carolina and Beyond

By: Amy Wees

  1. I.                   Choose a Business Model
    1. a.       What type of business will you establish?  Online, brick and mortar, part or full time, home based, franchise, licensed product or marketing.
    2. b.      Ensure you are committed to working the number of hours required to start your business and that you are financially ready or research what financial options are available to you.
  2. II.                Write a Business Plan
    1. a.       Decide what kind of business you would like to establish, how small or large it will be, whether you will have employees, how much it will cost to run, and how you will fund your business.
    2. b.      Ensure you have some experience in the business you are starting, if not ensure you either work for a similar business or do extensive research on the workings of such a business.
    3. c.       Do some market research to find out what other businesses like yours are in the area; find out if the market share is large enough for your business to fit in the area.
    4. d.      What are your goals, who are your customers, how will you make a profit, how will you measure success?
  3. III.             Choose a business structure; evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
    1. a.       Sole proprietorship
    2. b.      Partnership
    3. c.       Corporation
    4. d.      Limited Liability Corporation
  4. IV.            Get your taxes lined up
    1. a.       Get a tax ID number
    2. b.      Get a federal tax ID number
  5. V.               Register and/or Certify your business
    1. a.       Register or certify your business depending on state requirements ( website)
  6. VI.            Create Key Business Assets
    1. a.       Website Address
    2. b.      Trademarks
    3. c.       Copyrights
    4. d.      Patents
    5. e.       Provisional Applications for Patents
    6. f.       Inventors Logs
    7. g.      Confidentiality Agreements
  7. VII.         Get Funding
    1. a.       Bootstrapping – pulling money from your own credit/assets
    2. b.      Debt Financing
    3. c.       Grants (such as those sometimes offered for Women owned businesses)
    4. d.      Friends and Family
    5. e.       Investors
    6. f.       Factoring
    7. g.      Venture Capitalists
  8. VIII.      Organize Logistics – you must get everything in order before starting your business such as
    1. a.       Have your books in order
    2. b.      Your contracts made up or lined up
    3. c.       Money safely placed and ready
    4. d.      Cover your downside
    5. e.       Accountants, Lawyers, Insurance agents, and Bankers can help
  9. IX.            Hire good people
    1. a.       Have a good mentor
    2. b.      Hire great employees with experience
    3. c.       Have good incentives to keep your great employees on your team!
  10. X.                Establish your brand
    1. a.       Your brand should sell YOUR product
    2. b.      Be strong
    3. c.       Send a message about your business
  11. XI.            Market and Sell
    1. a.       Do market research
    2. b.      Get the word out about your business
    3. c.       Establish customer target audience
    4. d.      Ensure that you have the right resources for your customer to pay for and receive your product such as credit card acceptance and shipping policies.


Below are some South Carolina state specifics and resources I found for Women Owned businesses.

Every state or jurisdiction has a process that you need to follow in order to start a business.  In the state that you are starting your business, where do you go to register the business?  What information is required?  How do you obtain your tax id or determine the regulations for your state?

Obtained from

A General Tax Guide for Starting a Small Business in SC 

If you are starting a new business or just thinking about it, you will want to know more about your tax obligations. This publication is intended to give you some basic information about South Carolina’s tax laws and how you, as a business owner, are affected. The South Carolina Department of Revenue wants to help your business succeed. We have offices in nine cities throughout the state and we invite you to drop in to discuss your business tax requirements.

Forms of Business Organization

There are several forms of business organization from which you may choose for your new business. Before deciding which form is best for your business, you may want to consult a tax adviser. The most common forms for business organizations are:

Sole proprietorship

A sole proprietorship is a business that is owned by an individual who is responsible for all aspects of the business. The owner is personally responsible for all debts of the business, even in excess of the amount invested in the business.


A partnership is a legal entity that is jointly owned by two or more people. As in the sole proprietorship, the partners or owners may be personally responsible for all debts of the business, even those in excess of the amount invested in the business.


A corporation is a business that is formed and authorized by law to act as a single person and is legally endowed with rights and responsibilities.

Limited liability company

A limited liability company (LLC) is an unincorporated business association that provides its owners (members) limited liability and flexible management and financial alternatives. An LLC usually provides the favorable pass-through tax treatment of partnerships and the limited personal liability of corporations.

Registering Your Business

The first thing you’ll need to do before opening your business is to register the business. If your business is a corporation, limited partnership, limited liability company or limited liability partnership you need to register with the Secretary of State.

Most businesses also must register with the South Carolina Department of Revenue. Some small, sole proprietorship businesses that are service-related and not selling goods and products to customers, may not have to be registered with the Department of Revenue. However, if you have any employees, you will be required to register to withhold income tax from employee wages.

You may be required to register with the South Carolina Employment Security Commission to report and pay unemployment insurance for your employees. You also may be required to register with the Workers’ Compensation Commission.

The city or county where you locate your business may require you to obtain a local business license. Certain types of businesses may be required to be registered with other state agencies. A lawyer or small business adviser can be especially helpful in ensuring that you register with all the proper government agencies.
Registering with the Department of Revenue

You can register for the most common state business taxes by completing Form SCTC-111, Business Tax Application, which can be obtained from our website at or by calling our Forms Office at (803) 898-5599. You can use this form to register for a retail license, a purchaser’s certificate of registration, solid waste tax, business personal property tax and income tax withholding. Depending on the type of business you have, you may need to make application for the following licenses or permits:

Admissions Tax License
Alcoholic Beverage License
Bingo License
Tobacco Manufacturers’, Distributors’ and Wholesalers’ Licenses
Coin-Operated Device License
International Fuel Tax Agreement Permit
Gasoline Dealers, Special Fuel Suppliers and Seller Users Licenses
Soft Drinks License

Purchasing the Assets of a Business

If you buy the assets of a retail business, sales tax which may be owed by the previous owner transfers to you. The sales tax owed is a lien against the business inventory and equipment. You cannot obtain a retail license until the tax is paid. Unpaid business personal property tax owed on the assets remains with the assets, therefore the tax debt also transfers to the new owner.

The Retail License

Before you start a retail business in South Carolina, you will need a retail license. Apply for the license on Form SCTC-111. The retail license must be obtained by all retailers, including those making infrequent sales in this state. If you have more than one business outlet, you must obtain a separate retail license for each location. The fee for each permanent retail license is $50. This license is good for as long as you own your business at that location. You do not have to renew the retail license.

If you sell arts and crafts which you make yourself, you can buy a special retail license for $20 to use for sales at arts and crafts shows and festivals. If you have no permanent retail location, you can purchase a transient retail license for $50 which will allow you to make sales throughout the state, but in only one location at a time.

Purchaser’s Certificate of Registration

A purchaser’s certificate of registration is required for someone who does not make retail sales but who purchases goods from outside this state to store, use or consume in South Carolina. Generally, the certificates are issued to construction contractors but is needed by any business which purchases goods from outside South Carolina. If you are licensed as a retailer, you do not need a purchaser’s certificate of registration.

Sales and Use Tax

Sales tax is an excise tax imposed on the sale of goods and certain services in South Carolina. Use tax is imposed on goods purchased out of state and brought into South Carolina for your own use or consumption or on those sales for which no sales or use tax has been paid.

The statewide sales and use tax rate is 5%. The following counties also impose an additional 1% local sales and use tax: Abbeville, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Berkeley, Charleston,, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Colleton, Darlington, Dillon, Edgefield, Florence, Hampton, Jasper, Kershaw, Lancaster, Laurens, Lee, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Pickens, Saluda, Sumter and Williamsburg.

Cherokee County imposes a 1% special local sales tax for schools. While not the local option sales and use tax, it is collected, reported and paid the same way.

Chester, Jasper, Newberry, Orangeburg and York counties imposes a 1% special local sales tax for capital projects. While not the local option sales and use tax, it is collected, reported and paid the same way.

Beaufort County imposes a 1% special local sales tax for transportation (effective 6/1/99).

Counties and municipalities also may pass local sales taxes on food, beverages and accommodations. Check with the governing body where your business is located.

Unless specifically exempt or excluded, all sales are subject to the sales or use tax. There are numerous exemptions and exclusions from the sales and use tax. Call the Department of Revenue at (803) 898-5788 to determine if any apply to your business.

The rental of transient accommodations, such as in hotels, motels, campgrounds and vacation homes, is subject to a 7% accommodations tax. The local option sales and use tax applies, along with any local accommodations tax imposed by counties and municipalities.

If you operate a retail business, you must report and pay sales tax to the Department of Revenue on all your sales. You may pass the sales tax along to your customers, but reporting and remitting the tax is your responsibility. If you’re buying merchandise for resale later, you do not need to pay the sales tax at the time you make the purchase, but the tax becomes due when the merchandise is sold at retail or withdrawn from inventory for your own use. You must present a resale certificate, Form ST-8A, to the seller in order to make the purchase tax-free. If you’re buying merchandise out of state for use in your business and not for resale, you must pay the use tax.

Report and pay sales and use tax on Form ST-3, Sales, Use and Local Option Return. If you rent accommodations, report the tax on Form ST-388. Depending on the amount of your sales, the Department of Revenue may authorize you to file returns and pay tax monthly, quarterly or annually. You must file monthly returns until you are authorized to do otherwise. You must file a sales tax return even if you had no sales during the reporting period.

A voluntary program to remit sales tax through electronic funds transfer is available. To participate, call the Department of Revenue at (803) 898-5828.

Income Tax

South Carolina’s top individual income tax rate is 7% and the corporate income tax rate is 5%, one of the lowest in the nation.

The way you report income from your business will depend on your business organization. If you create a corporation, you will register your business with both the Secretary of State and the Department of Revenue. As a corporation, in addition to the income tax, you must pay an annual corporate license tax which is based on capital stock and paid-in surplus of the corporation. The minimum annual license tax is $25. This is paid in advance along with the corporate income tax return each year.

You may decide to form a partnership with other individuals. If so, you must file a partnership return (SC1065) and report your share of the business income or loss on your personal income tax return.

If you form an LLC, you file the same type of return (corporate or partnership) with South Carolina as you file with the IRS. Forming a corporation, an LLC or a partnership usually requires the assistance of a lawyer.

If you are a sole proprietor, you report all income from your business on federal Schedule C of your personal income tax return. South Carolina does not have a separate Schedule C. For a South Carolina resident, federal taxable income is your starting point in determining how much state income tax you may owe.

Generally, South Carolina follows federal tax laws regarding your business income. If the Internal Revenue Service allows you to take deductions for business expenses or other costs, those deductions will be allowed for the purpose of determining your South Carolina taxable income. Federal taxable income is your starting point in determining how much state income tax you may owe.

Income Tax Withholding

If you have at least one employee working for you, you will need to register as a withholding agent for state income tax. If you form a corporation, you are considered an employee and must withhold income tax from your income.

You will withhold the state income tax from each employee’s salary and remit it to the Department of Revenue on a regular basis. The size of your payroll will determine the frequency and method of payment that is required of you. You may be required to pay the withholding taxes by depositing the money directly into a local bank or you may be required to mail your withheld income taxes to the Department of Revenue.

If you withhold $20,000 or more in any calendar quarter, you must pay withholding through electronic funds transfer. Your dates for paying the withholding tax to the Department of Revenue are the same dates required for you to pay the Internal Revenue Service. Complete details for withholding income taxes from your employees along with forms and withholding tables will be given to you when you register with the Department of Revenue.

Estimated Income Tax Payments

If you are a sole proprietor, partner, shareholder of an S corporation or a member of a limited liability company, you will be responsible for reporting and paying estimated tax on your income. These payments are made quarterly. Estimated tax payments for individuals are due on April 15, June 15, September 15 and January 15. Estimated tax payments for C corporations are due on the 15th day of the third, sixth, ninth and 12th months of the tax year.

Property Tax

Property tax is administered and collected by local governments with assistance from the Department of Revenue. Real and personal property are subject to the tax. The tax is paid by individuals, corporations, partnerships, etc. owning property within the state.

Each class of property is assessed at a ratio unique to that type of property. The assessment ratio is applied to the market or use value of the property to determine the assessed value of the property. Each county, municipality, school district and other tax district then applies its millage rate to the assessed value to determine the tax due. The following ratios are applied to each class of property to determine the assessed value: (fmv=fair market value)

Manufacturing – 10.5% of fmv
Utility – 10.5% of fmv
Railroads, Private Carlines, Airlines and Pipelines – 9.5% of fmv
Legal residences – 4% of fmv
Agricultural (owned by individuals, partnerships and LLCs) – 4% of use value
Agricultural (owned by most corporations) – 6% of use value
Other real estate – 6% of fmv
Personal property – 10.5% of income tax depreciated value
Motor vehicles – 10.5% of fmv
Motor carrier vehicles – 9.5% of fmv

When you register your business for a retail license, you will automatically be registered for business personal property tax. Form PT-100 will be mailed annually to you to complete. You are required to report and pay property tax on any furniture, equipment and fixtures you maintain in your business. The tax is levied and collected by your local government.

Business Tax Incentives

You may qualify for tax incentives for your new business. Location of the business, total capital investment and number of employees hired are all factors which determine your eligibility for tax incentives. For more information, see the Department of Revenue’s publication Tax Incentives for Economic Development, on our website at



What certifications are necessary or available for women owned businesses?

Derived from

Certification as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)

  1. A South Carolina business seeking certification as a Minority Business Enterprise must submit to OSMBA an application and any supporting documentation as may be required. It is the responsibility of an applicant business and its owner(s) to provide information to OSMBA about its economic situation when it seeks certification.
  2. OSMBA will conduct an interview of the owner(s) at their place of business and a site visit of the business as part of the certification approval process.
  3. The Certification Board within OSMBA will determine if the business is controlled and operated by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. Upon recommendation of the Certification Board, OSMBA will certify the business as a socially and economically disadvantaged small business and issue a Certification as authorized by Section 11-35-5270 of the Procurement Code.

Certification Board/Procedures:
The certification board, as defined below, is responsible for reviewing files and applications in order to determine whether a business should be recommended for approval or disapproval by the Director of the OSMBA (hereinafter referred to as the Director) as a certified business in compliance with Article 21 of the South Carolina Consolidated Procurement Code.

Applications for certification must be addressed to the Director. Upon receipt, OSMBA shall conduct an investigation of the applicant and provide the results to the Certification Board. Failure to furnish requested information will be grounds for denial or revocation of certification.

Eligibility requirements for certification as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) are per 19-445-2160 of the South Carolina Procurement Code Regulations and Title 49, Part 26, of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). In order for a firm to be certified, it must be found to be a small independent business owned and controlled by a person or persons who are socially and economically disadvantaged. The following factors will be considered in determining whether the applicant is eligible for certification:

1. Small Business

The applicant firm must be an existing “for profit” business. It must also meet the federal definition of a small business based on its primary SIC/NAICS code, as described by the US Small Business Administration (SBA), and must not exceed the small business size standard established for it’s particular line of work.

2. Independent Business

  • Recognition of the business as a separate entity for tax or corporate purposesis not necessarily sufficient for certification under Article 21. In determining whether an applicant for certification is an independent business, OSMBA shall consider all relevant factors, including the date the business was established, the adequacy of its resources, and relationships with other businesses.
  • A joint venture is eligible if one of the certified business partners of the joint venture meets the standards of a socially and economically disadvantaged small business and this partner’s share in the ownership, control and management responsibilities, risks and profits of the joint venture is at least 51 percent, and this partner is also responsible for a clearly defined portion ofthe work to be performed

3. Ownership and Control

  • The business must be 51 percent owned by socially and economically disadvantaged persons. The OSMBA will examine closely any recent transfers of ownership interests to insure that such transfers are not to be made for the sole purpose of obtaining certification.
  • Ownership shall be real, substantial and continuing and shall go beyond the pro forma structure of the firm as reflected in its ownership documents. The minority owners shall enjoy the customary incidents of ownership and shall share in the risks and profits commensurate with their ownership interests, as demonstrated by an examination of the substance rather than form of ownership arrangements.
  • The contribution of capital or expertise by the minority or women owners to acquire their interest in the business shall be real and substantial. Examples of insufficient contributions include gifts, inheritance, a promise to contribute capital, a note payable to the business or its owners who are not socially disadvantaged and economically disadvantaged, or the participation as an employee, rather than as a manager.

Disadvantaged owners must be US citizens and meet the federal definition of socially and economically disadvantaged as defined by 49 CFR 26.67. Presumptive groups include “women, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans (including American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts and Native Hawaiians), and Asian Pacific Americans. Personal networth of a disadvantaged owner cannot exceed $750,000.

Definition of terms:
A “Minority Person” means a United States citizen who is economically and socially disadvantaged.

“Socially disadvantaged individuals” means those individuals who are members of the following groups: Black Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (including individuals recognized as American Indians, Eskimos, Aleuts and Native Hawaiians), Asian Pacific Americans and Women.

“A socially and economically disadvantaged small business” means any small business concern which:

(a) At a minimum is fifty-one (51) percent owned by one or more citizens of the United States who are determined to be socially and economically disadvantaged and who also exercise control over the business.

(b) In the case of a corporation, at a minimum, fifty-one (51) percent of all classes of voting stock of such corporation must be owned by an individual or individuals determined to be socially and economically who also exercise control over the business.

(c) In the case of a partnership, at a minimum, fifty-one (51) percent of the partnership interest must be owned by an individual or individuals determined to be socially and economically disadvantaged who also exercise control over the business.

“Small Business” means a concern, including its affiliates, that is independently owned and operated, not dominant in the field of operation in which it is bidding on government contracts, and qualified as a small business under the criteria and size standards in 13 C.F.R. Section 121 (1989).

Minority Business Enterprise is a business which has been certified as a socially and economically disadvantaged small business.

OSMBA reserves the right to cancel a certification at any time if a business becomes ineligible after certification. OSMBA will take action to ensure that only firms meeting the eligibility requirements stated herein qualify for certification. OSMBA will also review the eligibility of businesses with existing certifications to ensure that they remain eligible. A business organization’s, ownership or control can change over time resulting in a once eligible business becoming ineligible. Certified businesses must notify OSMBA, in writing within 30 days, of changes in organization, ownership or control. When OSMBA determines that an existing business may no longer be eligible, it will file a Complaint with the Certification Board, and send a copy of the Complaint by certified mail to the business. Upon receipt of such a complaint, the Certification Board shall conduct a hearing in accordance with the procedures set forth in the Administrative Procedures Act (Section 1-23-310, et seq., Code of Laws of South Carolina, 1976, as amended).

OSMBA may revoke the certification of any firm which has been found to have engaged in any of the following:

  1. fraud or deceit in obtaining the certification;
  2. furnishing of substantially inaccurate or incomplete information concerning ownership or financial status;
  3. failure to report changes which affect the requirements for certification;
  4. gross negligence, incompetence, financial irresponsibility, or misconduct in the practice of his/her business; or
  5. willful violation of any provision of Article 21.


Certification Forms for New Applicants [PDF]

Forms for Re-Certification as MBE – part I [PDF]

Forms for Re-Certification as MBE – part II [PDF]
Certifications expire 5 years after issuance. MBE’s must re-submit evidence of qualification for certification



What are the steps in certifying your business with the State, Federal Government, and for the private sector?

Obtained from

Certifying Your Business

For many minority- and women-owned companies, acquiring state or national certification opens doors to business opportunities and can mean the difference between winning and losing a contract. Learn how MurTech Consulting has used certification to open doors to new business opportunities.

Key accepts certifications from city, state, local, and federal agencies as well as from certifying organizations such as the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).

What is certification?

  • Minority-owned enterprise (MBE) or woman-owned enterprise (WBE) certifications are granted by public and private agencies to companies that can prove they are at least 51% owned and operated by minorities or women
  • The certifications offer a “seal of approval,” showing that a company’s claim of being a minority or woman-owned enterprise (M/WBE) has been investigated thoroughly by an outside group and found to be true

What are the criteria for certification?

Basic criteria for certification include:

  • 51% ownership by a woman or women
  • Proof of effective management of the business (operating position, by-laws, hire-fire and other decision-making role)
  • Control of the business as evidenced by signature role on loans, leases, and contracts
  • U.S. citizenship

The business owner will be asked for general information about the business, its history, legal and financial structure. Other documents may include, but are not limited to, customer and bank references, loan activity, financial statements, articles of incorporation, tax returns, stock certificates, resumes, drivers’ licenses, and proof of citizenship.

How long does certification take and how much paperwork is involved?

Some certification fees may range as high as $350 and the certification process tends to be stringent, involving significant paperwork and even a site visit. When an organization certifies your business as a women-owned and women-controlled business, it must strictly adhere to national standards to protect the integrity of the certification designation.

Help decrease the time it takes for an organization to certify the business by submitting complete and accurate packages, double-checking every line item, following the checklists provided, and most importantly, by reading the instructions in the certification packet. Certifying agencies generally won’t process an incomplete application.

Who certifies women-owned businesses?

There is not one certificate accepted across-the-board — rather than apply to several different groups and go through a costly process for each, investigate which certification is likely to be accepted by the majority of your potential customers. Certifying agencies and resources:

Connect with Key4Women

Helpful Resources


Why do you need a federal tax id?  How do you obtain one?

Obtained from

To set up a federal tax ID number (also called an Employer Identification Number, or EIN), contact you’re nearest Local IRS Field Office, or call the IRS Business and Specialty Tax Hotline at 800-829-4933.

You can also apply online for an EIN via the IRS web site. The online application asks the questions, you provide the answers and, just like that, you get your EIN immediately. You can then download, save, and print your EIN confirmation notice.

If you want to apply the old-fashioned way, the form you’ll need to fill out is IRS From SS-4 (.pdf).

If your business does not have employees, the IRS recommends you label the top of the form SS-4 “For Identification Purposes Only.”

Does your business even need a federal tax ID?
See: Do I Need a Federal Tax ID (EIN) Number?

Q. Does my business need a federal tax ID number?

A. Any business offering products or services that are taxed in any way must get a federal tax ID number. If your state taxes personal services, or if you are required to collect sales taxes on your sales, you need a federal tax ID number. All the government forms you will be required to file for your business will require either a Social Security number or a tax ID number.

It’s safe to say that any business that has employees and/or pays any kind of taxes will need a federal tax ID.

Best advice is, when in doubt, get one. It’s easy to do.

Where can you find resources and information for doing business with and in your state?  

Derived from

The website has a place just for business owners to go to learn about anything and everything necessary to do business with and in SC, here is a screen shot of the site:





What if you wanted to bid on a state contract?

The website has links to State Government Business Opportunities which walk you through the process of bidding on state contracts and even contracts from other solicitors.  Here is a screen shot of their page:

Is there a support or advocacy organization for women in your state. As an example, in the State of Maryland, there is an office that supports women and minority owned businesses.   Does a similar organization exist in your state? What is it?   There are also non-profit organizations that advocate and provide resources for women entrepreneurs.  Identify a few.

Yes, Greenville, SC has a Women owned business website here is a screen shot:

     There is also a state office of small and minority owned business here is a sample of their website:


·         Small Business Resources for Women in Business

Since 1998, Woman Owned has provided information, tools, networking opportunities and advice to hundreds of thousands of women business owners. Today, we offer even more.

·         WomenBiz.Gov – Welcome

You’ll find useful information and links specifically focused on the woman business owner interested in doing business with the federal government.

·         Women Owned Businesses |

Federal resources and assistance for women entrepreneurs and business owners  ·

·         Home []

Looking for a way to promote your company to major corporations that are actively seeking to conduct business with womenowned businesses? WBENC-certified Women‘s Business

·         Home []

The Nation’s First WBE Certifier: NWBOC provides a national certification program for womenowned businesses. The certification, called Woman Business Enterprise (WBE …


Minority- and WomanOwned Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise Certification Programs What is the Minority- and WomanOwned Business Enterprise Certification Program?

·         SBA 8(a) Minority-Owned and WomanOwned Business Directory

Search by Location

·         WomenBiz.Gov – FAQs

Here are answers to the questions women business owners ask most often. How do I certify my business as womanowned? What are the criteria for classification as a small business?

·         Women Owned Business Network – Home

PO Box 1684 301 W. High Street, Suite 680 Harry S. Truman Office Bldg. Jefferson City, MO 65101 Toll Free: (877) 426-9284 Phone: (573) 751-0810 Fax: (573) 522-5005

·         Small Business Grants and Loans for Women Business Owners

Be aware of the opportunities that exist for women business owners. Grant opportunities can provide you with money to grow and come in the way of loans, scholarships, microloan …

What are some of the resources available to start or grow your business in your state?

Buildings and Site Locator South Carolina has an extensive database of industrial properties for sale or lease. Search by size, infrastructure and surrounding community resources …

Learn the steps to take when starting a business in South Carolina.

Starting a Business; Taxes & Insurance; Workforce; State Employees. Documentation & Forms … Relocate your business to South Carolina, grow an existing business, or improve your community

A General Tax Guide for Starting a Small Business in SC . If you are starting a new business or just thinking about it, you will want to know more about your tax obligations.

Learn the process, legal and regulatory requirements for starting a business in South Carolina. Also get tips on where you can get help as you jump start your small business.

South Carolina State Library website … The Grants Research Collection covers private foundations that give only to nonprofit organizations.

Links to Other Helpful Sites. Small Business Administration (SBA) Offers great tips on starting, expanding and financing your business from the U.S. Government.

Starting a business in South Carolina, as in most other U.S. states, requires that you obtain and annually renew a business license. This ensures that your company is legally …

Explore South Carolina‘s small business resources and get information about paying … Legal steps to starting a business in South Carolina. Operating a Business


, ,

  1. What’s the best software to build an online store for ecommerce ? | Website promotion software tools
  2. Tips For Convincing Prospective Employees To Work For You | Mikey Likes It
  3. Free Business Startup information, Support and Advice ; EU, UK Grants - YBS your business partner
  4. What are Notification Preferences and how can I change them? | InTownAuction
  5. selling product online
  6. hotel Gabriella

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: